Oncology marketing research is a pivotal success factor for most BioPharma firms today, regardless of size of business. Marketing research in oncology presents several unique challenges:
- Small sample sizes for specialized medicines, which make conventional quantitative research methods extremely challenging to execute
- Patients that progress from stage to stage of their diseases, each with a unique path of disease and
- Standard therapeutic regimens that might make a particular medicine a competitor at one stage of therapy and co-operator at another
- Multi-product regimens that might include a multi-drug therapeutic regimen, accompanied by various chemo-supportive agents
- Fast, high-impact financial decisions, often related to licensing and acquisition or investment in hard-to-execute clinical trials
RG+A‘s small sample methods, patient simulation techniques, prescription-based value driver analytics and ability to test events 5-7 years into the future combine to provide a toolkit of services designed to meet your major challenges throughout the product life cycle.
- PV Scope: PVScope relies on iteration and respondent dialogue to maximize the insights provided by very small samples. Our oncology clients use PV Scope when they need deep insights, but sample, budget, or time are limited.
- Contract Simulation®: Oncologics must effectively contract with physicians, hospitals and payers to achieve success. Contract Simulation informs both an optimal contracting strategy and an optimal negotiation strategy by simulating contract negotiations with key stakeholders, informing an integrated contracting strategy that maximizes access without leaving money on the table.
- Co-creation: Our clients often need to develop programs (HEOR, value-adds, etc.) and trials that they can be confident will be accepted by their customers. Our co-creation methods bring together researchers, client representatives and key stakeholders to jointly create a program or trial design that is both feasible and acceptable to everyone involved.
- Qualitative to Modeling®: Qualitative-to-Modeling links qualitative interviews to a Monte Carlo Model to generate robust estimates from small samples and calculate probability of success. This enables accurate forecasts and evaluations, even when time and sample are limited.
- Qualitative Conjoint: Qualitative conjoint enables our clients to conduct trade-off exercises even when the available sample is not sufficient for quantitative research. Statistical techniques such as bootstrapping increase the precision of the conjoint estimates and such a study even enables our clients to identify segments within the conjoint.
- Dynamic Practice Simulation®: Dynamic Practice Simulation simulates Oncologist prescribing behavior, producing extremely accurate share estimates and identifying the key drivers of prescribing for an oncologic agent. This method is far more accurate than standard allocations, effectively works cross-culturally, simulates future events, and can even incorporate “Buy-and-Bill” reimbursement scenarios.